Writing in a Whole New Way

   Monday, August 26, 2024  

              

                         READING IN A WHOLE NEW WAY 


 I read the Article Reading In A Whole New Way by Kevin Kelly. I thought that the article is very interesting and shows the old way they used to write to compare to the new technology. It also reviews the history between print and screens. I prefer reading on screens because sometimes I get lost while reading something on paper and it's comfortable for me.
 The thing that I found while reading that stood out to me was when he said "text was written without spaces between words until the 11th century". I find that crazy and I can’t understand how they were supposed to read that. I think that I would get a headache reading that. Another thing that stood out to me was how he describes screens or laptops when he said "A screen can reveal the inner nature of things. Waving the camera eye of a smartphone over the bar code of a manufacturer reveals its price". 
   This article is very interesting and shows a new way for me to look at technology from a different perspective. I hope others see this and change their perspective on technology. In the future, I see that books will be used not by laptops but, by the click in the air and you do not need a laptop or computer.

       



 

Comments